Netspend is one of the most popular prepaid cards which you can use without having an account in a traditional bank.
However a lot of new users don’t know How To Withdraw Money From Netspend Card for free and If you are one of them, don’t worry as I’m going to answer your question in a bit.
So, How To Withdraw Money From Netspend Card For Free?
To withdraw money from your Netspend debit card, you can use ATMs, make a check request, transfer the funds to another Netspend cardholder or you can spend all the money in a retail store like Walmart or Target.
Still, having doubts? No worries as I’m going to explain everything in detail below. Let’s get started.
- With Money From Netspend card via ATM
- Withdraw Money from Netspend Debit card Via Check
- Transfer funds to other Netspend users
- Spend the money from your Netspend card
1. Withdrawing Money From Netspend card via ATM
You can easily withdraw money from your Netspend debit card via ATM just like you do with the debit cards of any other bank. However, there might be charges to withdraw funds depending upon the ATM you use.
One of the easiest and most convenient ways to withdraw your money from Netspend debit cards is by using any ATM which is nearby to you.
You can easily find the nearest ATM by using the app of Netspend card which is available on both Android and iOS platforms.
After finding the ATM, all you have to do is:
- Swipe the Netspend debit card.
- Enter the PIN code.
- Enter the amount and confirm the withdrawal.
And then, you’ll have your money in your hand.
The process of withdrawing money from ATMs is pretty straightforward however, you need to be aware of the fees whenever you withdraw cash from your Netspend debit card.
There are a couple of ATMs that won’t charge you for withdrawing your money from Netspend cards such as Metabank & Visa Plus Alliance ATMs.
If you don’t mind the small charges, then you can use any other ATMs and get your money at your fingertips.
Although you can withdraw your money from ATMs of any bank, Netspend has placed some restrictions and limits for security purposes and they are,
- You can withdraw only up to $325 from a single transaction and not more than that.
- The maximum amount you can withdraw in a single day i.e 24 hours is $940.00.
- For 24 hours, you can withdraw funds only 6 times.
If you are okay with all of these conditions, then ATMs are the best way to get your money from a Netspend card for free.
2. Withdrawing Money from Netspend Debit card Via Check
To withdraw money from my Netspend debit card, I can make a check request via app or call 1-866-387-7363 to know more about the process.
If you aren’t in a hurry and can wait up to 3-4 weeks to receive the money which is loaded in your Netspend debit card, then you can consider making a check request on the Netspend app or call their customer service number which I’ve mentioned above to know more about the process.
Getting your money via check is surely one of the most reliable ways, however, you’ll have to pay $5.95 as a fee to receive the check.
If you can’t wait for a long time to receive your money, then you can always opt for other ways.
3. Transfer funds to other Netspend users
You can withdraw your money from your Netspend account by transferring the funds to any of your friends or family member who have a Netspend account.
If the purpose of withdrawing money from my Netspend debit card is to send any other person, then the first thing you should check is If they have a Netsped account.
If they do, then your task becomes much easier for you as you don’t need to withdraw funds from any ATM to pay back the money.
Simply log in to your Netspend account and enter the recipient’s details and you are done.
You can transfer the money from one Netspend account to another in a matter of a few minutes without a lot of effort. If your friend (or anyone) doesn’t have a Netspend account, then you will have to find another way to transfer the funds.
4. Spend the money from your Netspend card for free
One of the convenient ways to withdraw your funds from a Netspend debit card is spending the money by making purchases in retail stores like Walmart and Target.
No matter what everyone makes purchases on a weekly or monthly basis.
Withdrawing money from your Netspend debit card by making any purchase in any retail store is super easy and convenient.
You can make purchases and spend up to $4,999.99 per day i.e 24 hours. You have to keep in mind that you can’t spend more than the set limit.
One of the biggest advantages of spending your money from your Netspend debit card on retail stores like Walmart or any other similar stores is you get cashback on a regular basis which you can use later to purchase any other stuff you want.
Offers for cashback changes on daily basis hence, I would advise you to check that before making any purchase from netspend card.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How do I add money to my NetSpend card?
There are several ways to add funds to your Netspend debit card and they are,
- Direct Deposits is an easy, free and straightforward method to add funds to your Netspend card and it won’t take more than 2 days to receive the funds. This method is suitable to receive your salary and payments from clients.
- Netspend Reload Network Locations: Another way to add funds to your Netspend debit card is via Netspend Reload Network Locations which is available in more than 130,000 locations in the United States. This means you can deposit your money on a Netspend debit card in almost every part of the country which is extremely convenient for everyone. You can find the details of the locations from the official website of Netpsend.
- Paypal: If you have a PayPal account, then adding funds to your Netspend debit card becomes much easier for you. Simply log in to your account and select the “PayPal” option while adding funds and that is it. Pretty simple, right?
- Refer a friend: If your friend or colleague has a Netspend account, you can request them to send the money to your account from netspend card.
2. Can I transfer money from a Netspend card to a bank account?
Yes, you can however, there is a catch. There is no direct way to transfer funds from your Netspend card to your bank account. What you need to do is, link your PayPal account to your Netspend account and then you can transfer the money from your PayPal to your bank account. Paypal would charge some fees for this transaction. If you are okay with this, then you can proceed.
3. How long does it take to transfer money from Netspend to a bank account?
It would take around 4-5 business days to transfer the funds from your Netspend to your bank account as I said earlier you have to use PayPal to send the money to your bank account. Once you transfer the amount from your Netspend debit card to Payal, it takes about a couple of minutes to receive in your PayPal account. After that, PayPal takes 1-5 business days to transfer the funds to your bank account.
4. Does Netspend direct deposit on weekends?
Unfortunately, you can’t. Similar to other banks, you can’t do direct deposits on both weekends or holidays.
5. Can I withdraw money from my Netspend card?
Yes, you can withdraw your money from Netspend debit card via Metabank & Visa Plus Alliance ATMs or checks. You’ll be charged a small fee while withdrawing your money depending upon the ATM you use.
6. Why is my Netspend card not working?
Some of the common reasons why your Netspend debit card isn’t working are,
- You don’t have enough funds on the card. Check the balance online and then try withdrawing the money.
- If you are purchasing in the shop, the employee may have selected the wrong type of transition hence, you aren’t able to make the purchase.
- You may have crossed the daily limit of withdrawal.
If you don’t have any of these issues, then I would suggest you get in touch with the support team of Netspend and they’ll be able to help you out.
Netspend is one of the unique debit cards that doesn’t have a direct link to a specific bank. It has a lot of benefits such as no minimum balance rules, free activation, and more.
When you are just starting to learn about Netspend, the first question you’ll have in mind is How Do I Withdraw Money From Netspend Card and the answer to that question is via ATMs, checks, or by sending the funds to other Netspend users.
Let me know If you have any other questions about the Netspend debit card and I’ll get back to you very soon.